Trading Spaces in Returning to Television


Trading Spaces, a TLC series that was popular about 10 years ago. will return to television this April. The premise is that friends or neighbors decorate each others spaces with a budget of $2000.00 and the help of Celebrity Decorators. (Notice I don't use the term Interior Designer.)
 I consider Trading Spaces the Comedy Central of home decorating shows. Why would  someone glue hundreds of artificial flowers  on a bathroom wall if not for comedy relief? But I love to watch these train wrecks and the reactions of their friends when they see their $2000 redecoration reveal.
Some are quite well done, others not so much, but for me, it is  good entertainment and I look forward to its return!

This will be fun. It is like the Comedy Central of Interior Design with huge personalities and "let the rules (and sometimes taste) go" decorating.
I few years ago ( well ,about 10) I had the good fortune to be called upon to assist Frank Bielec on an episode filmed on a Northern Oklahoma Ranch. They traded with a couple from New York City. That couple, a graphic designer and Restaurateur owned a loft in SoHo and had never been outside the city . When a producer friend of a friend offered them this free vacation, they reluctantly jumped on board.
The young Oklahoma ranchers were overwhelmed in NYC. I wish I had a recording but that was before DVR. It was so much fun seeing everything behind the scenes. Those folks really work hard even if they do get a little help from their friends.Trading Spaces Return...See Video

Vicki Flores at Studio Designs - Home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Point Market 2018

I Love "Living Coral" and so does Pantone

Mirror Mirror on the Wall You are the Most Misunderstood Design Accessory of All