High Point Market 2018

High Point Market April 2018

 We all need inspiration in our creative lives and for me it is a week in High Point North Carolina Furniture Market every April. (They also have a Market in October but it never fits into my schedule as well.)
The journey to High Point North Carolina is not for the faint of heart. There is no airport serving the city, so you must fly into one of 3 that are each at least an hour shuttle ride from your destination.
And forget about staying in the city of High Point. Vendors and Furniture dealers with multiple stores, have standing arrangements with hotels and their version of the Air B&B. For decades, the residents of High Point get the heck out town when it is market time. They have standing arrangements to lease out their homes to companies with several attendees. I once joined one of my furniture reps and slept on the top bunk of a " princes room". Room was free but I did pay a "price".

As a seasoned attendee, I now opt to book a room in an adjoining town and shuttle the 45 minutes or so to the Market area each morning and evening.


With 11 million sq ft in 180 buildings and over 2000 vendors,  We  along with 75,000 others walked for 5 days at 9 hrs per day and still didn't see everything on our list.



The bus stops here!



Vicki Flores allied ASID and Patty Graham
There were so many lines on my list of must to sees, but I had to stay on a fairly loose schedule to find the treasures unknown to me. 



The first thing I'm asked when returning from one of these excursions is ( you guessed it!) What are the new trends?

                     One Hundred Shades of Grey

Blue was a distant second. Some pinks, yellows and corally reds were thrown in for a distraction.

The Grey vignettes were stunning, in the first few showrooms. I was disappointed that so few manufacturers branched out with more color. I did however come home inspired, motivated and excited to use new lines and happy with new introductions from my tried an true vendors.



I'll be returning to High Point in April.  I will try to keep ahead and let you know about  what is happening in the home fashion world before 2019 concludes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love "Living Coral" and so does Pantone

An Amazing Find In Arkansas